|Swimming Pool Permit Application|
Pool or Swimming Pool
- Any structure, basin, chamber, tank or other receptacle capable of containing an artificial body of water for the purpose of swimming, diving or recreational bathing
- Having a depth at any point of more than 18 inches, whether located at ground level, above-ground, below-ground or indoors
- Common terminology shall include but not be limited to a permanent swimming pool, a permanent wading or reflection pool or a permanent hot tub or spa
Private residential swimming pool means any swimming pool located on private property under the control of a single homeowner or his tenant, the use of which is limited to members of his family, the tenant's family and their invited guests.
Public swimming pool
- Any swimming pool, other than a private residential swimming pool, intended to be used collectively by numbers of persons for swimming or bathing, however owned or operated and regardless of whether a fee is charged for such use.
- Common terminology shall include but is not limited to a swimming pool owned or operated incident to a multifamily dwelling project, nonprofit recreational facilities, hotels, as well as educational facilities.
- Designed for recreational or therapeutic use or physiological or psychological relaxation that is not drained, cleaned and refilled for each user
- Includes but is not limited to hydro-jet circulation, hot water or cold water mineral baths, air induction bubbles or any combination thereof.
- Common terminology includes but is not limited to therapeutic pool, hydrotherapy pool, whirlpool, hot spa and hot tub
- Shallow in depth and not intended for swimming or diving
- Does not include pools or whirlpools in which no part of the human body is immersed or in which only human limbs are immersed
Baytown Municipal Code : Chapter 18, Article XIII “Swimming Pools and Spas” of the City of Baytown Code of Ordinances.
For State law regarding general requirements: Chapter 265 Standards for Swimming Pools and Spas.For State law regarding enclosures: State law reference— Enforcement, V.T.C.A., Health and Safety Code § 757.012 (Code 1967, § 28-1; Ord. No. 7721, § 1, 6-13-96)
Health and Safety Code, Section 341.064, Swimming Pools and Bathhouses
(These standards affect all non-residential pools/spas constructed prior to October 1999.)